Accelerated HR Management Certificate Program
As an HR professional, your job is more challenging than ever. Regardless of your level or your years of experience, staying current is critical to your career.
Whether you’re new to the HR field or you’re an experienced pro seeking to update your skills, our Accelerated HR Management Certificate Program will help you handle your role with greater confidence and success.
Brought to you by SkillPath in partnership with Graceland University, this ALL-NEW virtual certificate program is a series of 5 LIVE, online, instructor-led sessions designed for HR professionals who want to position themselves as experts in the area of human resources. Over the course of 5 half-day sessions you’ll get a solid foundation of core human resource competencies, plus the essential knowledge and skills you need to manage the most important aspects of your job.
Day 1: Employment Law Essentials
- Decipher labor laws that govern discrimination, pay, benefits and safety
- Summarize the management liabilities surrounding key federal employment laws.
- Differentiate between bullying, discrimination and harassment
- Discuss sexual harassment: quid pro quo vs. hostile work environment
- Know the expectations for employers to prevent or correct harassment
- Determine whether workers are independent contractors, exempt or non-exempt employees
Day 2: Policies, Procedures and Other Documentation
- Write and communicate clearly in various HR situations
- Use research best practices in your policy-writing
- Write easy-to-interpret policies and procedures
- Improve readability with proven design strategies
- Avoid the 6 biggest policy-writing mistakes
- Learn when to communicate policy changes in-person and when to do it in writing
- Manage electronic and paper records from creation through destruction
Day 3: Talent Management — Recruiting, Interviewing and Onboarding
- Discuss recruitment strategies and techniques
- Learn key legal considerations for background checks and screening
- Describe how to fairly compare candidates and identify red flags before the interview process.
- Create a repeatable interview process that helps reveals the best candidate
- Learn what you can and cannot ask in an interview
- Explore various types of interview questions and how to use them to get the answers you need
- Structure onboarding so new hires feel valued and are up and running quickly
Day 4: HR's Role in Performance Management
- Know how performance management supports organizational success
- Understand the role of HR in performance management
- Describe how managers can develop goals to support strategic objectives
- Help managers give employee feedback that improves performance
- Partner with managers to confront and correct employees’ performance problems
- Avoid the most common mistakes in disciplinary action
- Reduce legal liability when an employee is fired
Day 5: Establishing a Culture of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Pinpoint the differences between diversity and inclusion and explain the benefits of each
- List the traits of inclusive leaders that help foster diversity
- Learn how sponsorship and mentorship programs support inclusion
- Describe the relationship between workplace harassment, discrimination and implicit bias
- Explain how to avoid unintentional bias in performance evaluations
- Discuss vital aspects of a diversity and inclusion program for your organization
Course delivery details
Engaged, active learning
Dynamic 3-hour sessions deliver lively, interactive training daily. Log into sessions from any device and you’ll still have time left in your day to put what you’ve learned into practice. Then if you'd like, you can report back to your instructor and fellow participants the next day to share your experiences and ask any questions you might have. This unique, feedback-enabled format helps to reinforce learning and strengthen your retention of vital concepts — so they stick.
Program time: 5 days (15 total hours)
Certification / Credits
Earn a Professional Certificate
By the end of the week, you’ll have the enhanced skills, knowledge and insights you need to be more successful in your leadership role. And you’ll receive a signed Certificate of Completion, along with a digital eBadge to display your new skills and competencies.
SkillPath is a leader in business training with more than 30 years of experience. Our professional training programs prioritize learner engagement — helping theory take root with learners, so it transforms their thinking and becomes day-to-day practice. SkillPath’s courses are...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
竞技宝(天津)积分APP v3.4.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...