竞技宝入口登陆官网Procept Associates Ltd.
Comprehensive Project Management Seminar: Core Skills
This 3-day course is designed for those with experience working in a project management (PM) environment. This “professional” level course appeals to a broad mix of industries. Participants include engineers, contractors, software developers and manufacturers engaged in technical projects; others are involved in business and financial projects. We facilitate discussions among the participants about their project management challenges and successes.
Once completed, you will return to your workplace qualified to improve your organization’s PM process. Many people who have taken our course have gone on to a high-profile position in their organization.
By the conclusion of this course, you will learn the processes from 5 knowledge areas as defined in the benchmark publication A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Guide published by the Project Management Institute. The course is always consistent with the current PMBOK® Guide.
Many of our participants are interested in preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) or related CAPM® designation. We have been preparing candidates for those exams since 1991, longer than anyone else in Canada. Enrolment includes a free subscription to our PMP® Helpline and PMP Intelligence messages.
Who should attend?
The Comprehensive Project Management Seminar is appropriate for individuals who:
- Are being appointed as a Project Manager.
- Work in a project management environment and want to increase their PM knowledge.
- Are preparing for the PMP® or CAPM® designation.
- Want to enhance their marketability in the project management job market.
3-day Project Management Essentials (or its equivalent), or you already work in a project management environment that manages project scope, cost and time.
Introduction, Context and Integration
- History of PM, PM body of knowledge
- Context within portfolios and programs
- Project life cycles, triple constraint, balance of constraints
- Key stakeholders, role of PM, talent triangle, PM competencies
- Project Charter, Project Management Plan, Integrated Change Control
- Lessons learned
- Exercise: past experiences (success and failure)
- Identify stakeholders, plan, manage and monitor stakeholder expectations
- Exercises: stakeholder identification and requirements, power/interest grid, stakeholder engagement levels, managing stakeholder expectations
- Scope planning, definition, validation
- Collect requirements tools & techniques
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Scope changes, scope creep, scope control
- Exercises: Requirements & Scope Statement, Work Breakdown Structure, Scope Creep
- Hierarchy of Schedules
- Logic Networks: PDM, CPM
- Duration Estimating
- Resource Loading and Leveling
- Critical Path Compression
- Schedule Risk Analysis & Contingency
- Schedule Reporting and Control
- Exercises: Post-it Note Schedule Development, Resource Leveling, Crashing
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Cost Estimating
- Cost Reporting and Control
- Earned Value Management
- Estimates to Complete
- Exercises: Estimating, Earned Value
Certification / Credits
Credits: 21 PDUs/CEUs
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Become conversant with the whole breadth of modern project management.
- Increase your own PM “lessons learned” by learning from the PM experiences of others.
- Add techniques to your PM “toolbox,” increasing your value to your organization and in the job marketplace.
- Return to your workplace equipped to improve your organization’s PM process.
- Prepare to take the PMP examination (should you choose).Credits: 21 PDUs/CEUsz
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
竞技宝(天津)积分APP v3.4.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...