Electric Motors and Motor Control Circuits
All available course dates
Electric Motors and Motor Control Circuits - 2 days training course
While motor failure may appear to be a common problem, it is more likely that the real cause is a wrong application or control circuit issue. Failure of the motor can be just a symptom of perhaps an even more serious problem that lies ahead. This electrical course on Electric Motors and Motor Control Circuits helps maintenance workers identify what the real issue is when a motor burns out and how to prevent it from happening again.
Would you like to take this class from home or your worksite? TPC Training offers this course as a Virtual Instructor-Led. A Virtual Instructor-Led is a course format that allows you to interact with a live instructor.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for maintenance engineers working with motor circuits.
The course curriculum for this Electric Motors and Motor Control Circuits course is as follows:
Day One of this two day electric motor repair course focuses on motor basics such as motor selection, maintenance, safety, troubleshooting and procedures for replacing a motor.
Motor Selection, Maintenance, Testing & Replacement Motor Basics
- Motor terminology
- Types of motors and their suitable applications
- Testing equipment
- Field troubleshooting checklist
- Motor selection
- Nameplate data
- IEC motor ratings
- Energy considerations
Safety Issues when Troubleshooting or Replacing Motors
- Hazards of rotating equipment
- OSHA Lockout/Tagout requirements
- Determining power supplies and voltages
- Verifying circuits de-energized – safely and correctly!
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements
- Visual inspections
Procedures for Replacing a Motor
- De-terminating motors
- Setting replacement motors
- Shaft coupling/alignment options
- Electrical checks
- Sizing line conductors
- Using nameplate data for proper connections
- Selecting the best method of motor termination
- Lugs and insulation tapes for termination
- Termination kits
- Methods of verifying proper phase rotation
- Lubrication requirements
- Sizing fuses and overloads
- Final checks prior to re-energizing motor
- Electrical, visual and mechanical checks for startup testing
- Testing motor windings
- Megohmmeter testing of motors
- Modern, state-of-the-art predictive maintenance testing for motors
- Bearings and Lubrication
- Motor Storage
- Determining voltage and current imbalance and its effects
- Recommended maintenance practices of NFPA 70B
- Sizing and adjusting overloads per the NEC®
- Common motor problems and how to find them
- Fixes for common motor problems
Day Two builds on the fundamentals learned in the first day. This day is all about control circuits; fundamentals, types and special applications.
Working with Control CircuitsFundamentals of Control Circuits
- Types of motor control
- Symbols for control
- Learn to read motor control schematic and ladder diagrams
- Watch motor control circuits operate on-screen before the class
- Learn the basics of PLC ladder logic
- Watch PLC ladder diagrams operate on-screen before the class
- Developing a logical, systematic approach to troubleshooting controls
- Typical control circuit problems and how to find and fix them
Motor Drives and Special Control Circuit Applications
- Energy Management and motor drives
- AC and DC drives overview
- Motors for Variable Speed Drives
- Variable Speed Drive Applications
- HVAC applications
- Servo motors and drives for manufacturing
- Review operation of modern automation control such as &pick and place& and conveyor drives
The cost of this Electric Motors and Motor Control Circuits training course is $1,195.
About TPC Training
TPC Training - The leader in live, instructor led maintenance training
TPC Training is the leader in maintenance, repair, and operator training, with complete solutions for a 21st century workforce to acquire, apply, and adapt essential technical and safety skills. With 2000+ classes annually, including 100+ cities, on-site at customer facilities, and online anywhere,...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
竞技宝(天津)积分APP v3.4.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training
Corporate / Group Training