竞技宝官网appLorman Education Services
Import and Export Compliance
All available course dates
Import and Export Compliance
Make sure your purchasing policies are up to date and in compliance with the everchanging rules of importing and exporting.
Why is regulatory compliance important? It mitigates the legal (regulatory) risks associated with importing and exporting. This course will provide an introduction and overview of basic regulatory requirements that all importers and exporters must know to mitigate the risks of shipment seizures, unexpected duty increases, and penalties. For importers, we will review tariff classification, customs value, country of origin, free trade agreements, documents required to file a customs entry, recordkeeping, penalties, and other administrative actions. For exporters, we will review product jurisdiction, classification under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the EARs general prohibitions, screening parties to the transaction, export clearance and the Automated Export System (AES), recordkeeping, and what to do in the event of an export violation. This material will also review best compliance practices for importers and exporters. This course will introduce importers and exporters to the issues that must be included in any import or export internal compliance program.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for purchasing managers, contracting and materials managers, buyers, project directors, controllers, accountants, attorneys, bookkeepers, and financial professionals.
Why Is Regulatory Compliance Important?
- Legal Responsibilities of Importers and Exporters
- Compliance Is Risk Mitigation
Compliance Issues for Importers
- Tariff Classification
- Customs Value
- Country of Origin
- Free Trade Agreements, USMCA, CAFTA-DR, KORUS FTA, Etc.
- Ad Valorem Duties, Antidumping/Countervailing Duties, Section 301 Duties
- Documents Required for Customs Entry
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Penalties and Other Administrative Actions and Remedies
Compliance Issues for Exporters
- What Is an Export?
- Jurisdiction Over Export Product – BIS (DOC) or State Department
- Determining If Product Is Subject to the EAR (DOC)
- Classification of Export Product – CCL and ECCN
- EAR Country Chart and License Exceptions
- EAR's General Prohibitions
- Screening Parties in Export Transaction
- Automated Export System (AES) Filing and Export Clearance
- Export Documentation
- Export Violations
- Know Your Legal Requirements
- Employee Training
- Internal Compliance Program (ICP)
- Compliance Reviews and Audits
Certification / Credits
Credits: AIPB ,APICS ,CLE ,ISM ,CPE
- You will be able to define why regulatory compliance is important.
- You will be able to describe compliance issues for importers.
- You will be able to discuss compliance issues for exporters.
- You will be able to review risk mitigation.
About Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...
Lorman Education Services
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
竞技宝(天津)积分APP v3.4.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...