Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
This course will cover the Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) measures required in order to:
- Be prepared and ready to respond to an outbreak, in particular, the one due to COVID-19.
- Limit human to human transmission by way of implementing WHO recommended IPC interventions.
- Identify, isolate and report suspect and confirmed cases.
There are resources attached to each module to help you dive further into this topic.
Module 1: Preparedness, readiness and IPC:
This module provides an overview of Infection Prevention and Control measures for preparedness and readiness.
Module 2: The novel coronavirus (COVID-19):
its epidemiology, risk factors, definitions and symptomology:Module 2 provides an introduction to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Module 3: Standard precautions, transmission-based precautions & COVID-19 specific recommendations:
This module reviews various precautions which should be taken to prepare for and respond to COVID-19.
Certification / Credits
On completion of this course, you should be able to:
- define IPC and its role in the context of preparedness, readiness and response;
- describe the current epidemiological COVID-19 situation, including case definitions and signs & symptoms;
- describe source control, administrative controls and environmental and engineering controls;
- describe the WHO-recommended IPC measures for health care facilities, including when dealing with suspect or confirmed COVID-19 cases;
- describe additional IPC measures to be taken to assist in general preparedness within a health care facility.
OpenWHO is WHO’s new, interactive, web-based platform that offers online courses to people preparing to work in epidemics, pandemics and health emergencies or already doing so. The OpenWHO platform delivers WHO’s and partners’ expertise closer to where it is needed...
Contact this provider
Before we redirect you to the course sign-up page, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
竞技宝(天津)积分APP v3.4.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...